Online enrolment is a simple process that is completed annually by each student of the university. Enrolment confirms a student’s intention to commence or continue their studies, allows for personal details to be checked and amended and confirms arrangements for the payment of tuition fees.
All students must enrol when prompted to do so and within 2 weeks of the start of the course. On completion students will be able to use the university’s library resources, have access to online learning facilities, and collect their university identity card.
Before you begin enrolling you should read our enrolment guide which will help with most queries and tell you about any information you may need to have to hand before you start.
Non EU/EAA nationals:
The University is required by law to check that every non-EU/EAA national has permission to study in the UK. Non-EU/EAA nationals are required to show us their identity and immigration documents before enrolling. Document checking commences in September – students will be notified of these details which will also be listed on the international students’ pre-arrival pages.
Our enrolment guide which will help with most queries, otherwise please contact us at email@example.com or via 44 (0)1242 714110
Logging on to your university network account
Your university network account gives you access to all the university’s online facilities including Student Records Online, email and our e-learning environment - Moodle.
If you have already used the Applicant Portal then the password you used to access this will allow you to access enrolment. The following describes the steps you should go through to access the network for the first time.
- Log in to the university network for the first time via the password self-service portal. Click on the ‘register for forgotten password reset' button. Your user name is your 7-digit student number preceded by a lower-case 's' (e.g. s1234567) and your initial password is your date of birth in the format ddmmyyyy.
- Change your password and register for password recovery. After changing your password, complete the registration process for forgotten password recovery and then close your web browser to ensure that the password reset process completes correctly.
If you have difficulties logging in please contact the ICT Helpdesk: ICTHelpdesk@glos.ac.uk or telephone 44 (0)1242 714044.
Applying for your University Identity Card
All students and staff of the University are issued with an Identity (ID) card which they are required to carry at all times. As well as identifying someone as a member of the University community, the ID card is used for:
- identification when using the University inter-site bus service
- borrowing books and other materials from University Libraries
- paying for photocopying, printing, workbooks and other items sold in the Libraries
- accessing restricted areas e.g. the extended hours area within Libraries
If you are a new student, you can apply online for your ID Card. Visit Upload Your ID Card Photo, enter your University network password and follow the instructions.
You will be able to collect your card from your home campus library on production of your Certificate of Enrolment.