The University Festival returns this year with a wide range of events and activities at the University of Gloucestershire, showcasing the work and achievements of staff and students.
Running from June 1 to June 10, the festival will be rounded off with the Picnic in the Park at the university’s Park campus in Cheltenham. Taking place from 4-7pm, family fun and games include an egg and spoon race, tug of war and face painting. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own picnics, and Pimms and soft drinks will be available to purchase, with the first 75 to arrive getting a free drink. Food will also be available to buy from a barbecue run by university caterers Baxter Storey.
Many events during the festival are free of charge and open to the public, and include:
- The Arts Festival, which includes the School of Art and Design Degree Show and also the Fashion Show
- The Cathedral Lecture with Rabbi Baroness Julia Neuberger discussing end of life care at Gloucester Cathedral on June 7
- Alchemy, where humanities and media students create an artwork to be presented at The Wilson art gallery and museum on June 8
- Gloucestershire Schools BioBlitz, where academics and students help to survey wildlife at county schools
- Performing Arts showcase at the King’s Theatre in Gloucester on June 10
A university spokeswoman said: “We are looking forward to welcoming students, staff and the local community to the events on campus and beyond throughout the University Festival, which is full of opportunities to see what the university has to offer.”
Find out more about all the events and booking tickets for the University Festival.