It can be difficult to get your head around the world of student finance, but the
money advice team is on hand to help you make sense of what lies ahead.
Find out about:
Academic Merit Scholarship
Fee waivers, scholarships, bursaries and awards
Undergraduate and PGCE funding
University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarship for 2019/20 entry
The University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarship is a grades-based award, designed to reward academic merit.
We hope to encourage those who receive the award to maintain a high level of academic achievement. Each scholarship is worth up to £1,200, in the form of £400 annually for up to three academic years.
Recipients can choose between halls of residence rent discount, book vouchers to support study, or the Course Level Credit Programme, which provides money towards trips, excursions, materials and relevant certifications. This choice is made once per year, prior to the start of term.
To be eligible for this new scholarship, students will need to achieve a certain standard in their Level 3 results (128 tariff points or more from at least three full A-levels or equivalent on enrolment), then continue to do well in each year of study.
Please take some time to read through the
University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarship terms and conditions document, which provides further details regarding eligibility criteria.
Undergraduate and PGCE funding for 2018/19
Key facts for 2018/19
- No upfront tuition fees. You won’t have to pay any fees while you are studying; you can apply for a student tuition fee loan to cover the fees. This will be paid directly to the university.
- You can also apply for a student maintenance loan to help towards your living costs up to £8,700 if you live away from home to study and up to £7,324 if you stay at home.
- Additional non-repayable grants may be available for students with dependents and for students with disabilities.
- Living cost loans and grants will be paid to students in three equal instalments over the academic year – one at the beginning of each term.
- You will only start to repay the loan after you have graduated and are in employment and earning over £25,000. You will repay 9% of your income above £25,000. For example if you earn £27,000 you would repay £15 a month. (i.e. 9% of £2,000/12 months).
Each course can vary in price, so these are explained on the individual course pages.
Fee waivers, scholarships, bursaries and awards
Funding options for 2018/19 are currently being reviewed, and more information will be added soon. The following are the current confirmed bursaries:
Care leavers scholarship
Emergency short term loans
Financial Assistance Fund information
Financial Assistance Fund application form
Mature students health and social care bursary
University Endowment Fund Bursaries
If you are a 2018 Undergraduate entrant and achieved 128 tariff points you may be eligible for our
Gloucestershire Bursary, click here for
Terms and Conditions.
Postgraduate funding sources for international students
Postgraduate funding sources for home and EU students
The University of Gloucestershire can offer a range of funding awards for international students. Please note the following:
- To be eligible for these awards students must be new students to the University in September 2019 or January 2020, be paying fees at the international tuition fee rate, be self-paying and not sponsored, and studying for a minimum of two semesters on the University campus in the UK
- The bursary awards are available for the first year of study only, are open to all levels of study and will be automatically awarded to qualifying students at the point of offer
- Students cannot combine an award with any other University award
- Students need to accept their offer and pay their deposit within 6 weeks of receiving their offer in order to qualify for any award
Postgraduate Merit Scholarships
The University of Gloucestershire is pleased to reward academic excellence. We have a number of 50% merit scholarships for high-achieving students entering the following courses in 2019/20:
- Masters of Finance
- Masters of Accounting & Accounting
- MSc International Business
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc Risk Management
- MSc Marketing
- MA Landscape Architecture
- MA Filmmaking
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Psychology
- MA in Creative Music Practice
No application for scholarship required. Students will be automatically considered for the merit scholarship upon receiving an offer for the above courses and will be notified by the admissions team if successful. Successful students will then have 6 weeks in order to pay a £3000 advance tuition fee payment to secure the award. Merit scholarships are valid for first year of tuition only. Limited availability, scholarships will be issued on a first come-first served basis.
We offer a range of automatic discounts for international students living in our key priority countries, as listed below:
Country of Domicile
Grant Award Amount off first year of study
|Middle East, China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, USA, Non-EU Europe, Caribbean, Central Asia, Rest of World (if not otherwise listed) ||£2,000|
|Canada, Hong Kong, Latin America, Macau, South Asia, UK domicile (international fee paying)|
Africa, South East Asia
INTO Progression Scholarships
Students progressing from an INTO UoG pathway programme onto a degree course at the University of Gloucestershire in September 2019, and who pay international fees, will be automatically awarded £2000 off the first year of their tuition fees. Those students who achieve an average score of over 65% in their pathway will be awarded £2500 off the first year's tuition fees.
If you have any queries about our international scholarships, please email
International Funding - 2018 entry