It can be difficult to get your head around the world of student finance, but the
money advice team is on hand to help you make sense of what lies ahead.
Find out about:
Undergraduate and PGCE funding
Fee waivers, scholarships, bursaries and awards
PGCE funding for 2018/19
Studying to become a teacher after completing an undergraduate degree – funding
Key facts for 2017/18
- No upfront tuition fees. You won’t have to pay any fees while you are studying; you can apply for a student tuition fee loan to cover the fees. This will be paid directly to the university.
- You can also apply for a student maintenance loan to help towards your living costs up to £8,430 if you live away from home to study and up to £7,097 if you stay at home.
- Additional non-repayable grants may be available for students with dependents and for students with disabilities.
- Living cost loans and grants will be paid to students in three equal instalments over the academic year – one at the beginning of each term.
- You will only start to repay the loan after you have graduated and are in employment and earning over £21,000. You will repay 9% of your income above £21,000. For example if you earn £25,000 you would repay £30 a month. (i.e. 9% of £4,000/12 months).
Fee waivers, scholarships, bursaries and awards
The University of Gloucestershire is offering an extensive financial support package for undergraduate students commencing their studies in September 2017 as follows:
Care leavers scholarship
Mature students bursary
Financial assistance fund
Financial assistance fund application form
Emergency short term loans
PGCE bursaries and funding information
Each course can vary in price, so these are explained on the individual course pages.
Postgraduate funding sources for international students
Postgraduate funding sources for home and EU students
The University of Gloucestershire operates an extensive range of funding for international students. Please note the following:
To be eligible for these scholarships students must be paying fees at the international tuition fee rate.
Only students who hold an offer for a full-time, on-campus, programme can be awarded a scholarship.
Sponsored students are not eligible for Grant Awards or Scholarships.
The University of Gloucestershire is pleased to reward academic excellence. We have a number of 50% merit scholarships for high-achieving students entering the following courses in 2018:
• Masters of Finance
• Masters of Accounting & Finance
• BA Graphic Design
• MA Landscape Architecture
• MA Film Making
No application for scholarship required. Students will be automatically considered for the merit scholarship upon receiving an offer for the above courses and will be notified by the admissions team if successful. Successful students will then have 28 days in order to pay a £3000 advance tuition fee payment to secure the award. Merit scholarships are valid for first year of tuition only. Limited availability- Scholarships issued on a first come, first served basis. It should be noted that this discount applies to new students only and cannot be cumulated with any other the University of Gloucestershire scholarship.
International Grant Awards
We offer a range of automatic discounts for international students living in our key priority countries, as listed below:
Country of Domicile
Grant Award Amount off first year of study
Canada, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, MENA*, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, UK & USA,
Africa, Vietnam and LATAM**, Myanmar
* Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malta, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen.
** Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, Cuba, Haiti, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Paraguay, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama, Puerto Rico (US), Uruguay, Guadeloupe(France), Martinique(France), French Guiana, Saint Martin(France), Saint Barthélemy(France)
These will be automatically awarded after receipt of application and offer and are valid for first year of study only. It should be noted that this discount applies to all new students who are studying a minimum of 2 semesters on campus. The Grant Awards are not available for postgraduate research students and cannot be cumulated with any other University of Gloucestershire scholarship (apart from the Sports Scholarship).
INTO Progression Scholarships
Students progressing from an INTO UoG pathway programme onto a degree course at the University of Gloucestershire in September 2018, and who pay international fees, will be automatically awarded £2000 off the first year of their tuition fees. Those students who achieve an average score of over 65% in their pathway will be awarded £2500 off the first year of their degree.
If you have any queries about our international scholarships, please email